The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) is defined as a primary point of contact for companies and organizations wishing to acquire technologies and to use the expertise and facilities under a collaboration or licensing agreement.
It would serve as an information relay on the University's scientific and technological resources, but also as a communication medium on its potential, which is still a weakness. It also aims to help protect intellectual property and technology transfer through the commercialization of assets, business creation, and networking. The launch of the TTO aims to strengthen the protection and economic exploitation of products and services based on innovation for the benefit of the social, economic, and cultural development of our country.
The Office of Technology Transfer (TTO), in the context of the research offer, is thus a pole of competence at the service of the promotion of the valorization of the research results and of the partnership between the world of research and that of production. The Office also represents, for the period of four years covered by this agreement, technical assistance support deployed by the National Agency for Scientific Research Promotion for the benefit of the university to achieve common objectives in terms of valorization and technology transfer to the socio-economic environment.
In general, the Technology Transfer Office aims to simplify and professionalize the transfer of innovations from academic research to socio-economic markets. The Office is involved in the entire technology transfer chain, namely
- Identification of innovative projects with added value and positioning in relation to the competitiveness and the needs of the market.
- Protection of research results through the filing and maintenance of intellectual and industrial property rights,
- Implementation and management of validated maturation projects,
- Commercialization until transfer to the economic world in the form of licensing and start-up creation
- Detection of innovations with potential for valorization and identification of market needs,
- Management, within the framework of service provision, of intellectual property rights portfolios,
- Support activities for the negotiation of contracts relating to research projects with companies,
- Awareness-raising activities for staff and students on innovation, transfer, and intellectual property,
- Promotion and mapping of the research offer and detection of partners
- Monitoring, studies, and mapping of research topics, markets (needs, players, regulations, etc.), and intellectual property,
- Management of partnership research contracts, financing, and support for the incubation of innovative companies.